recicle transformer oil

Hi, I have a friend in a third world country who wants me to send him used oil gotten from serviced electric transformers. He can clean it and sell it. Besides the issue of shipping and costs etc. which I will research later, have you ever heard of this? What do transformer servicing companies do with the old oil? Thanks

Libros en Español, Diccionarios Electrónicos:

<americamba

What kind of oil does he want? Silicone, mineral oil, or ???????

All of the transformer oil I have worked around was filtered and put back into service. Except the PCB stuff. Sure would not want to get caught shipping PCB's anywhere with out the permits and a licensed hauler.

If the oil can be cleaned and passes purity tests then it is put back into service. If it fails purity then it is destroyed. If it has PCB's then it is treated as hazardous material and destroyed.

I have never seen oil removed from a transformer under any other circumstances. Maybe others have

Reply to
SQLit