repair of cut insulation..

Not underground.or outdoors is there a product...one can paste or smoth over a small nic in electric cord insulatin ...which will harden
and provide safe wiring...without the need to cut and splice and put into a metal box

Harden? You are talking about a flexible cord you want to repair? Best way is to change the cord.
John
actually Im thinking about an electric wire in my wall which I nicked with a saw...
elliot wrote:

If the conductor is not damaged, you can use a product called Liquid Electrical Tape made by Starbrite. You can get it at Home Depot or the electrical supply house. You have to paint on several coats but it works well. I keep a can or two on my service truck.
http://tinyurl.com/3uwnv2
[8~{} Uncle Monster