Single Board Computer query

Hi all, Im currently looking for a single board (or similar) computer which has

2xRS232, 2xUSB (1.1 or 2.0 is fine), 256-512Mb RAM, 400+MHz CPU, LAN capability, monitor keyboard and mouse inputs and a capabiliy for mass-storage (e.g flash or hard drive). Has to be able to run either windows or linux as a Java program is to be run on it, with a web-server.

Normally I would go for a regular PC or laptop but this has to be reasonably small and cheap as it is going to be used as an on-site controller for an observatory/weatherstation where security is an issue (essentially I am just going to put it in a plastic or metal casing so fanless would also be a benefiit).

I cannot change the fact that it is going have Java run on it and I dont want to resort to a PC-104. I would also like to avoid having to rig an ATX or AT supply up but will if it is significantly cheaper.

So far Ive looked at the LE562 and some of the eden series for VIA.

They are mostly what im looking for but are there any others out there that are cheaper? The price I saw for the LE562 was about $600 AUD :(

Cheers Marc

Reply to
Marc W

even a fanless, convection cooled unit still needs airflow

Reply to
Tim Perry

Try:

Ken

Reply to
KWS

Look at the various offerings at the following site. I have used some of their products, and have been very pleased.

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

These guys have been in the SBC business for a long time. I've had good experiences with their products and, last I looked the prices weren't exorbitant. Enjoy.

ww

Hi all,

Reply to
Wm.M.Chiaramonte