Stripped Service Panel holes

What is the correct way to secure an electric panel cover when the panel bolt hole threads are stripped?
I recognize the potential hazard with using pointed sheet metal screws. I
was considering going to a larger diameter bolt from the #10 which will not secure the cover. If going to a larger size bolt is the best option, what is the name of these blunt tip bolts and where would the bolts be purchased?
Thanks John
John Reichert wrote:

The larger screws are as good an option as any. Go to any real hardware store and browse the shelves of screws and you'll find something that will work. Self tapping would be easiest, but you could also pick up a threading tap and tap the holes out for ordinary machine screws. This is really a mechanical issue, not so much electrical.
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:02:26 -0400, "John Reichert"

A good hardware store will have a speed nut or even a regular threaded 10-32 nut on a clip that goes over the edge of the panelboard enclosure.
Thanks for all replies.

#10 Tech screws (self tapping) work just fine I do it all the time. just look and make sure there are no wires behind them.
MLR