Testing power discharge

I am new here and looking for information.

Having a small motor (9 volts) running, is it possible to measure the power decreasing on batteries over short time period (like 1 to 3 minutes) and is this a reliable reading?

Thanks,

Reply to
anne bergeron

Yes you can measure the voltage on the batteries. If those measurements mean anything about predicting the life of the battery. Got me. To many variables to offer specific information

Reply to
SQLit

to answer your question directly the current and voltage can be metered. the accuricy will depend on your test equipment.

Reply to
TimPerry

unfortunately my mouse battery has chosen this moment to drop below the usability threshold :)

the standard 9V (transistor radio) battery has a roughly "S" shaped discharge curve where it drops rapidly then levels off then drops rapidly again. trying to "rely" on difference in power over time to provide useful information seems problematic to me.

Reply to
TimPerry