This was a great newsgroup until the Chinese started spamming here.

The Chinese have no class. They are sneaky and would take over the USA in a heartbeat. Beware of the chinese connections. They will
very likely try to buy the next election this fall after the Supreme Court decison last week.

Ever since I wrote a message rule to delete that crap when checking for new messages a few months ago, I haven't seen one of them.
electrician wrote:

Get a real news server. Most of that crap is posted from Google Groups and doesn't make it into the real world. As long as you post and read from the Google HTML port you'll see all of it.
--
Greed is the root of all eBay.

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 13:20:00 -0800 (PST), electrician

Your real problem is that you use Google Groups. If you used a real news service you'd skip all that crap.
electrician wrote:

Good. We need all the help we can get with our national balance of trade deficit. We have plenty of political hot air to sell. Try this for newsreader: http://www.aioe.org It's free. There are some limitations on use but nothing too serious.

It's also used by a lot of spammers so many people block everything from there.

That server goes down a lot too. Sure it's free, but you pay big in frustration. I now use http://newsguy.com and they're rather good. For $12 a year (year not month) I get 3 gigs/mo. download and they rollover any unused bytes.
Rich. wrote:

I've been using eternal-september.org for a while now, it's free, doesn't support binaries but I don't use any binary groups anyway so that isn't a problem for me.