Trumpeter F4U-4 Missing Parts replacement - gripe

Started the kit over Christmas Vacation- after getting much of the engine together I open the separate box inside - and no metal fret for the control surface hinges and no instrument panel film. I called the distributor at the beginning of January right after the weekend. They take all the details. I call again at the end of last week - I get a recording and leave a message. I call again beginning of this week - customer service isn't there. I try againTuesday - Customer service isn't there. I call again today they transfer me - I get a recording and get to leave another message. This is a $69 kit - I hate to simply trash it or have to buy another, the hinges don't even do anything but attach the control surfaces - the push rod assemblies freeze the surfaces in one position - - anybody else have experience with Trumpeter replacement parts. Is this a quirk or should I really inspect each kit and simply return it if I'm missing a part.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

I hope this isn't the start of something bad. I just send Trunpeter an e-mail from their web page "contact up" link asking for a replacement sliding canopy section for the 1/32 scale MiG-3 :~(

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Bill, I called again today. Was told the person who takes care of replacements has been out sick - will be back monday - I think they tols me that on last Monday - I'll try again. Maybe email is a better way to go - it can't get lost in the shuffle as easy as a note. Let's let each other know if we get anywhere. I'll post again on monday coming,

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Why not just go to the place you bought it? When I have a problem with the kit I'll go back to my distibutor who will get me the part. If they don't have it I take it from another kit and then send that one back as defective. Worse case I'll order a kit to get the parts and send that one back as a defective for credit. The dealer has a bit more leverage than the end user. Distributors are better set up to deal with retailers then individual customers.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Henk

Well;;;;;if / when I get the replacement canopy part, I will post here and let you know.

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

I don't know the situation with Val, but I did that. The seller advised me I needed to contact the manufacturer for a replacement part.