F4U-4 Ammunition servicing doors

I'm working on the 1/32 Trumpeter kit with Eduard brass after market. It seems to me I have a choice of open ammo chute doors or wings folded to show the fold mechanism. I can't see the ammo access being open with the wings folded. Maybe I'm missing something but there doesn't seem to be any indication of how the ammo doors worked - hinged or simply removed and replaced after loading the ammo belts. I've looked on the net and in some publications but can't find a picture of the bird with the access doors open. Anyone out there familiar with these.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut