Trumpter F4U Corsair

Has anyone built the F4U Corsair !/32 scale by Trumpeter? I built the one by
Monogram & being very careful doing the wing fold mechanism it just did not
line up very well. Trumpeter has a zillion small parts. I wonder if their
folding wing will work better or should I make it fixed wing? CONCERNED
Reply to
walt oetzell
I started the F4U-4 but got side tracked waiting for replacement parts that were missing in the kit, so I can't say I've got actual experience. But after reading a few reviews on-line I think I'll build it with the wings folded. One review had a picture where one wing was almost in-place and the other looked like the plane made a hard landing and broke the mechanism - not even close to a fit. Kind of hanging low and outside. The whole design of the kit is weird with rear gear retracts, rear doors and main gear don't, and metal hinges for the control surfaces and push rods that hold them firmly in place. It does look like if handled right it does build into a nice display model.
Val Kraut
Reply to
Val Kraut