Re: Airfix new releases?

Old toolings i belive, didnt Afix do them years ago? looked at them myself and im sure they are, the little LCVP has string too inc. for lowering door, so so decals.

> Does anyone know if the latest Airfix small scale releases (Jeep, LCVP, > GMC) are new moldings or repackings of other company's kits? TIA > > Mark
Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Sorry to contradict you Jules but they are in fact new Heller/Airfix mouldings, and apparently quite good too.

There are photos of the kits/sprues here :

and for once airfix got them to the shops before the D-day anniversary.

Happy modelling Ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips

Mark Levine a pensé très fort :

All new molds Mark. The same as Heller. Very good kits !

Reply to
Flying Frog

cool, do look good, spues i saw where a light blue tho.

The figures for the beach lander thingy did look poor tho, im gonna get one of each anyway, maybe even 2

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

They are yet to arrive in Denmark. But judging from the pictures, I'll clean out the local shop when he gets some. If the page didn't say otherwise, I'd guess those pictures were of the Heller 1/35 GCKW-353 and jeep. Thank you very much for the link.

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Hillerøe Petersen

They are sweet looking models. There's something rather familiar about the Jeep kit though. Some of the part look very similar to the Jeep parts that came with the LVT/Buffalo kit. Perhaps the same masters were used for that part of the sprue. These are the first new Airfix/Heller vehicles for a while and they look like winners to me.

Reply to
Les Pickstock

"Les Pickstock" wrote in news:c8ht6r$gdr$ snipped-for-privacy@sun-cc204.lut.ac.uk:

My question is it really 1/72 or 1/76.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Gray Ghost a exprimé avec précision :

It's a really accurate 1/72 scale.

Reply to
Flying Frog

"Les Pickstock" a écrit dans le message de news:c8ht6r$gdr$ snipped-for-privacy@sun-cc204.lut.ac.uk...

Hello, sorry to say that but there are years in accuracy between both models, the Heller Airfix it's better on all the points. The kit it's better than Hasegawa, the wheels are far better. I post a short comparative, with scans between the three models at :

Jose-Manuel Estevez

If I understand correctly, these two kits are scaled down from existing Heller kits in 1/35th scale. They are released for the 60th Anniversary of D-Day. The pictures of the GMC on Henk Timmerman's site look good but the front edge of the bonnet (hood) where it meets the radiator guard seems a little odd to me. It could just be the photographs and not the kit. Has anyone seen the actual kit? If so, how does it look? If it's OK, it would be worth getting a few.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin