tamiya paints sold at rollmodels.com

Hi,

I checked the rollmodels.com, they sell tamiya paints for $2.00 each, however, they do not list the size of the paint (that is, whether they are 23ml or 10ml(1/3oz, aka tamiya mini). Could anyone who has recent experience buying tamiya paints from rollmodels.com shed some light on this? And how is your experience dealing with them? Thanks a lot!

YL

Reply to
Yiliang

I can't help you with the Tamiya info, you might send them an email. I've ordered from them for years, nice prices and good service. They don't stock what's on their list so you have to give them a month or so before they ship. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Thanks Keeper!

I did call them on this prior to my original post. The lady who answered my phone said the their paints are not the small size ones and are about 1/3 oz each bottle. I'm quite confused. I thought that Tamiya offers paints in two sizes: 23ml and 10ml. Aren't those 1/3 oz (that is, 10ml) bottles the small size??? Help, anyone???

YL

Reply to
Yiliang

According to the volume converter at

1/3 oz is equivalent to 10 ml. Sounds like Rollmodels has a good deal there, especially if you're buying alot. I got a bunch of Polly Scale acrylics from them last year and was very pleased.

TF

Reply to
T. Forward

There's a wire crossed there somewhere; perhaps she was thinking of the small Testors bottles.

Regardless, I was at a contest today and inspected the smaller of the two Tamiya bottles; they are 10 ml., 1/3 oz. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper