Lacquer paints

I've always used enamels, with little or no excursions into acrylics. Now I find a few references on lacquer paints. Fast-drying time, a little toxic (but I've been breathing enamel and thinner fumes for at least 17 years, so it's not a problem :)). But I still can't find what is the base for the paints. Oil? Something else? I think it's very likely that I know what these paints are in my mother tounge, but in english? :)))

Thanx very much in advance

Tvrtko

Reply to
Tvrtko