Soccer War Honduran F4U-4 camo

The latest issue of World Airpower Journal has an article on the Soccer War. I've seen pics of the Salvadorian camo -1 Corsairs that look like the were painted with a brush, which I think they were, but the article has a couple of pics of Honduran -4s in what appears to be a light green & dark green camo over another dark color, maybe black, belly. One even has a black & white checkerboard on the cowling. unfortunately, the pics only show a small part of the a/c. Anyone have or know where I can find info on the full camo for the FAH -4s?

Reply to
frank

FWIW I believe one of the Hobbycraft 1/48 Corsair kits had camo and decal markings for one side of this war, the -1 corsairs IIRC.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

That's the Salvadoran one. Most aftermarket decal sets for Honduran

-4s & -5s are for all blue a/c.

William H. Shuey wrote:

Reply to
frank

That's the Salvadoran one. Aftermarket decals for Honduran -4s &

-5s are for all-blue a/c.

William H. Shuey wrote:

Reply to
frank

I have lots of soccer war decals but in 72nd

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

in article snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net, William H. Shuey at snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net wrote on 2/3/05 1:05 PM:

Sorry, don't know of -4 markings but Victory Productions has markings for one Honduran Corsair on its 1/48 decal sheet, VPD48001.

Markings are for the only non-US Corsair known to have scored air-to-air kills. The aircraft is an ex-F4U-5N and is overall gloss sea blue with a flat sea-blue AG panel.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Milton Bell wrote: : : Sorry, don't know of -4 markings but Victory Productions has markings for : one Honduran Corsair on its 1/48 decal sheet, VPD48001. : : Markings are for the only non-US Corsair known to have scored air-to-air : kills. The aircraft is an ex-F4U-5N and is overall gloss sea blue with a : flat sea-blue AG panel. : They also show a grey/white -5N with what appears to be a flat black AG panel, and some additional black paint around the exhaust ports. An additional $2.00 will get you the bits for this bird.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden