Camo netting

What a good source for camo netting? Either premade or some non modelling product that can substitute for it. Thanks

Kyle

Reply to
Kyle

Never tried, so just a thought, but how about fishnet stockings?

Presumably some old ones to avoid the embarrasement of buying them new over the counter!

JJ (UK)

Reply to
JJ-UK

What about fine grade garden netting for keeping birds away from fruit crops ?

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

That mesh bag that citrus fruit comes in works pretty well.

Reply to
mark

Craig

Reply to
Craig

How about nylon net found at fabric stores?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Depending on the scale you're working on, but to me the best looking camo net are just plain cotton bandages, you should find them on any medical supply store. Easy to paint them also. Hope this'll help

Max

Reply to
Max Salas

Or stand in line with a modellers knife!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Everybody seem to have their favourite... mine is sterile gauze or bandage rolls.

HTH Bonehammer

Reply to
Bonehammer

Cheese cloth or hair netting.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Am 13 May 2004 06:36:04 -0700 schrieb "Max Salas":

...and if you get some mil spec personal san kits, you have the gaze already in the right color - around 1980 I used exactly that stuff for the mentioned purpose of making camo nets for 1:87 and 1:96 scale dioramas; after mounting it on the standoff poles I used some dips of matte brown, green, and beige color to make the patches - and I used lead seal wire for making "nato wire" barriers (I'm not sure if I translated "Plombendraht" in the right way - forgive my insuffiffient English vocabulary :-). Oh - btw: The poles were made of the sprues a plastic modeller gets in plenty amounts... BTW2: for 1:144 scale and up I preferred dark nylons, simple straight wire and thinner sprues...

cu, ZiLi aka HKZL (Heinrich Zinndorf-Linker)

Reply to
spam-trash