UP MOW equipment color

Does anybody have any idea what color UP used for cabooses and cranes etc during the early 70's ? I seem to recall seeing a caboose painted a blue/green in mow service.
Thanks

The Morning Sun UP Color Guide Vol 1 has a caption which says "MofW cars were painted green soon after J. C. Kenefick came to the UP from the Penn Central in 1968." The color came to be known as "Kenefick Green". The cars were silver before that, and from photos, several remained in silver through the 1970's. Geezer
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:36:09 -0500, "Geezer"

Thanks Geezer I appreciate it very much am trying to put together a wreck train John D

Penn
cars
through
Thank you for your comment. You happened to mention colors for a crane as well for your wreck train. I happened to be reading my copy of Terry Metcalfe's Union Pacific Modeler Vol 3 seeking some other data, and noticed a very detailed article on the UP's wreck cranes. As I interpret the data provided, the UP wreckers were never painted in Kenefick Green. Most remained in silver through the 70's. These had black lettering and large black chevrons painted on the back end of the cab. The newer Bucyrus-Erie cranes were painted in a distinctive scheme with dark green cab sides, an aluminum roof, and black boom, bed and trucks. Hope this helps. Geezer