trouble with a connection?

Hello everyone. I/m new here hoping to to get more knowledge from all of you. residential wiring problem.I have 2 single pole switches in the
kitchen one controls light"A" and the other switch controls lights "B"and"C" I have a 3 way switch near the back of the house that when switched up or down the the lights turn off for a split second and then back on. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here. Where is my bad connection?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

In a conventional arrangement where two light switches control the same lamp, power is taken to the common connector of the first switch and the lamp to the common of the other switch. The other side of the lamp is then taken to neutral. Then a cable is run between the switches to link each of the remaining two contacts on one switch to the same contacts on the other. o----------------------------------o l-------------o/ \o------lamp---n o----------------------------------o
What it sound like has happened is that the two cores of the cable running between the switches have been both taken to one connector of the second switch.
The result being that the first switch only momentarily interrupts the power, as it is switched between each position. But the second switch works as normal.
--
Sue

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

All of them (A, B, and C)? Do they go off momentarily as the switch is being moved? Or sometime later.
What kind of switch is the one near the back of the house? Is it a single pole, double throw switch (intended for either end of the 3-way string) or is it a crossover type (intended for intermediate positions along the 3-way string)?