troubleshooting air condtioner

Fired up the ac and the compressor or the fan didn't come on. The relay is engaging and the cap has charged. I have 120v to ground on two of the cap terminals and 10v on the third one.

I Any ideas ?

Reply to
JJ

PS. when I engage the relay I get 0.06 amps on each of the 120v legs

Reply to
JJ

Bad relay? measure voltage drop across points, Should be close to zero Bad connection to motor

Bad motor.

.06a is about what the relay coil pulls.

Reply to
Greg