Wago

Anybody used Wago out there? I'm thinking of using one of their DeviceNet I/O blocks for a little project.

No Spam wrote:

Haven't seen Wago used that much (wonder why). InterLinkBT seems to be the I/O block of choice for the plants I've been in. If you're looking for DIN-rail mounted modular I/O on DNet, Siemens seems to be popular.
Just curious--why do you want to spec wago?
Don't necessarily want to spec Wago. Just looking for devicenet analog & digital I/o that doesn't take up much space on the din rail Thanks for the pointers to Siemens & Interlink BT tho.
BTW I googled InterlinkBT and it is now Turck
Siemens website is a bit hard to navigate around. Do you have a devicename or part no. I could search for? TIA -----------
On 4 Dec 2006 09:03:28 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

Short answer is no, I don't know the part number.
It's called Siemens ET200, but that's a whole product family. From there, you'd specify the I/O that you want and then separetely, you'd specify the bus adapter you want. I saw a lot of it in some automotive plants I've worked in over the past few years. Anyhow, at the time, Sutherland-Shultz made the DeviceNet adapter for the ET200s--here's a photo of the product I recognize from those factories: http://www.industrie.de/industrie/live/infothek/fachartikelarchiv/ha_artikel/detail/10034229.html
If you really want to hang DeviceNet on a DIN rail, you might want to go here: http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/104830/2416241/104832 / These guys are pretty good when it comes to DNet!
No Spam wrote:

Thanks lots for the pointers. The Siemens and the AB take up a bit more rail space than the Turck (aka Interlink), so I'm looking at the Turck now, and it looks pretty good. You've really helped a lot, thanks very much ---------------- On 6 Dec 2006 07:41:48 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"