What is the purspose of pre-tinned wire?

That showed him up. Hee hee! You owned him.

Reply to
Carlo

Not sure I understand why this exchange got so lively. You wrote this:

"Tin plated wire is notorious for NOT taking solder, especially when it is inside teflon."

Assuming you wrote what you meant to write then you said "tin plated wire is notorious for NOT taking solder". You also added that furthermore it was even harder still to solder tin plated wire when it was inside Teflon insulation.

Aren't some posters responding to your clearly made statement that

"Tin plated wire is notorious for NOT taking solder"

because it probably seems a bit unexpected to them? I have to confess it does a bit unexpected to me too. It doesn't relate to my experience or known facts.

The Teflon insulation you mention is an additional observation which you offer as an extra fact but it's not particularly relevant to the OP's question.

Seems to me this discussion is based around your statement:

"Tin plated wire is notorious for NOT taking solder"

Reply to
Carlo

Hmmm then Rust is actually Iron Sulfide?

I thought a high concentration of Sulfur had to be present for sulfidation to occur.?????????????????????????????????

Reply to
Meat Plow

Ooops- typo, I meant to say I spec'd tinned wire for areas I knew were *not* to be climate controlled.

More specificly DSX panels mounted outside in un-heated, not particularly weatherproof, cabinets.

H.

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

Its the 40 + generations of inbreeding. His family tree is just a rotting stump. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sad that the history of Alzheimer's and senility that runs in your family is also obviously taking your mind as well.

Well, maybe it's not so sad after all...

Reply to
Mr. Haney

Soon enough, he'll catch up to Thompson.

Reply to
UpGrade

UpGrade'ing Mr. Haney ought to be a cinch !

Reply to
VWWall

Dimbulb is replying to himself again, in the hope no one will notice what an idiot he is.

If you look at the headers for both they will have the same IP address:

He is filtered because he never posts anything useful. He always uses low grade insults that are barely on a third grade level, on his few good days.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I have no knowledge of these particular posters or their ISPs but I caution readers not to assume that identical NNTP-Posting-Host addresses automatically mean the same user; some small ISPs assign RFC 1918 addresses to clients and have a small block of public IPs exposed to the 'Net. Also, a public access machine or a shared machine in a residence may conceivably be used by different posters. Combining the weight of circumstantial evidence such as posting IP address, user agent, bang path, etc. together with an analysis of lexical style may result in a more cogent argument for a poster's identity.

Michael

Reply to
msg

He is on Cox cable, which assigns a dynamic IP address to a cable modem, The only way it changes is to disconnect the modem long enough for it to be assigned to someone else. My dynamic IP address is on the same fiber optic backbone and hasn't changed in three years, even after days of the electric being out after a storm. All you have to do is read the headers and writing style. He is a boring little troll, with delusions of being human.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes and unless and until a crime has been committed, which it hasn't, you can all f*ck off and die.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Yes, Roy. We know you're off your meds, again.

Reply to
krw

That isn't an RFC-1918 address. It belongs to Cox Communications, Inc.

True, but DimBulb is infamous for sock-puppetry.

Reply to
Bob Larter

Reply to
Bob Larter

Indeed, and I don't expect a large operator like Cox to do it, but some ISPs NAT their clients with RFC-1918 addresses, all of which translate to a single public IP, ergo, many NNTP users may all originate from a single IP.

Michael

Reply to
msg

Yes, f*****ad. Now show me a state or federal statute, you stupid f*ck. Then go back and read what I said.

Cox will send you information about using your filters.

If I were to commit a crime, they would forward any pertinent information on to whichever authority necessary.

Until a crime is committed, idiots like you can f*ck off and die.

You got that, you stupid f*ck?

I find you retarded bastards offensive and objectionable.

That makes my case as strong, if not stronger than you your retarded case.

No go find something real to involve yourselves in, you petty little E-1 grade bastards.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

It could have been solid Silver.

Also, Silver plated wire DOES have favorable skin effect, sanded or not. Tarnished Silver wire would not be as favorable.

Can you say get a grip on what skin effect is?

The coil will do the job it is designed for in either case.

Reply to
Dr. Heywood R. Floyd

True, but it's quite rare at ISPs. NATing is usually done in businesses, rather than at ISPs.

Reply to
Bob Larter

From time to time (for many years now) I deal with issues involving H.323 and RTP connectivity (payload contains IP information) and I am always surprised by the number of ISPs I encounter that NAT their clients. These are mostly small operators and often rural. I too run a neighborhood WISP that NATs the clients, many of whom use the same O/S and NNTP user agents, and I would be quite distressed if newsgroup readers assumed that IP addresses and message headers uniquely identify the poster who just happened to be a neighbor and not myself.

Michael