wiring schematic question

I'm not a professional electrical person but I am doing some wiring replacement
on a motorcycle project and have this question:
The OEM schematic shows all the wiring very completely with included depiction
of connectors whether they be AMP, Molex etc.
However what is confusing me is the use of "dots" in the schematic to denote
where 2 wires appear to be joined into the same circuit "appearing" to be done
inside the cable harness and separate from any connector.
Although I feel this is not the physical reality and just a method of drafting
the
schematic. An example would be as below where the [] represent connectors
and the * represents the dots, and the ---- are wires in a harness.
[]----------------,

[]----------------*
--------------[]
Is it possibly drawn this way when what is really happening is
[]-----------------,

,-----------------'
[] ------------------------------[]
'--------------------------------'
I just can't understand why there would be a wire splice inside the wiring
harness.
Appeciate any comments
Reply to
RB
[...]
There should be a legend on the schematic telling you what that means. Sometimes it's showing an alternate harness.
Tom
Reply to
Tom Biasi
Why not just purchase a new set of OEM wire harness?
Jim Rojas
Reply to
Jim Rojas