you guys, im serious re: AC 12 volt

Please, im serious.....

I have a 12 Volt AC source, which I want to convert to at least 5 Volts DC(for use in an oscillator circuit, consists of a 555 timer, oscillates a LED).....

anyone know of a circuit, rectifier circuit that can do this?

Reply to
gis

Hook a "full wave rectifier" to the AC. Connect a 20MFD capacitor across the output, noting the + and - polarity. Connect an LM309K 5v regulator across the same output, again noting polarity (this is the "input of the regulator, - side shares with output of reg) The other leg of the LM309K is going to be 5vdc.

All of these parts are at Radio Shack and they have connection diagrams on the bubble pack.

Reply to
Greg