be serious - AC 12v

How would I convert 12 Vac to a DC voltage/current?

what type of circuit would I/could I use?

Reply to
gis

a rectifier and a regulator

Reply to
no_one

in article 9EBtb.67$ snipped-for-privacy@read1.cgocable.net, gis at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 11/15/03 6:46 PM:

I don't want to be serious on this subject and you can't make me. If you spent half as much time looking at an ARRL Handbook as you do trying to get free help, you would have the answer by now.

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Decimal

Do you school work yourself! If you do not pay attention in class, how do you expect to make it in the real world?!?

Reply to
Brian

You left out a component and added one he doesn't need. That'll screw up his homework!

Reply to
ehsjr

Yeah,. If you don't learn the stuff, you will only be qualified for management positions.

Reply to
Steve Cothran

By far the easiest method would be to use a 12v AC motor to drive a 12v DC Gen-set.

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick

You didn't say what voltage or current DC so I will suppose it is 12VDC at an amp or so....so all you need is a bridge rectifier, an electrolytic filter cap and a 7812 regulator.....make sure the cap is at least 20VDC and it should all work fine...Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

Yes, and don't forget the transfer switch system to switchover when the 12v AC power fails...

Reply to
indago