Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Job Titles?
Hi there, I'm about to acquire my journeyman ticket as a power systems electrician, as designated in Alberta Canada. I am curious what the job title is across the country for the same discipline. Just...
1
1

Magnet motor?
I have a problem with my magnet motor design. It is based on a wheel continually rolling down a sloping disk. The disk is tilted up by repelling magnets, creating a pushing wave directly behind the...
6
6

Is the right pump fitted 240v on a 3 phase 415v ?
Hello, i an not an engineer but recently at the village hall where i help out we have had two new water pumps fitted to the heating system and both have original pump has 415v phase 3 written in pen...
18
18

NEC '08 CD
Mine came the other day. I tried installing it this morning on a system that is not internet connected. As a result, I had to get an activation key from the NFPA by phone. So, they tell me that the...
3
3

WIMES 3
Can anyone point me to where I can download (free of course) the full WIMES (latest) standards. TIA

Devise to shock earth worm
I had an uncle who used a electric devise to get worms from the lawn for use as fish bait. This devise had a pointed ~ 1/4" metal rod protected by a spring loaded plastic sleeve which was inserted...
3
3

A little bit transformer theory
Hello people, I was reading one article on the Internet and I've come accross to term "energizing" transformer. Can you explain me what this means? Is it ordinary transformer where term energizing...
8
8

Garage door opener keeps opening
My garage door keeps opening because (as I believe) the eyes "think" a person is standing under the door as it comes down. I've tried removing the sensors and lining them directly to avoid any...
5
5

Vandalism
Has anyone experienced vandalism with a possible link to uk eletrical wholesaler? Just days after payment by an electrical wholesaler of a claim made against them - which they had ignored for a long...
3
3

which is the best
I'm a new student to engineering and wanted to know what is the best way to branch
3
3

This Product is getting Huge attention Look...DeadLine 2007 1 month left...
This Product is getting huge attention now look Snag those Energy Tax Credits Any qualified energy-saving installation or improvement made by December 31, 2007 will earn you varying degrees of tax...
3
3

i'm looking for electrical engineering portals
i'm looking for electrical engineering portals, do you know any interesting ?
2
2

Whats the new trend i battery life circles?
Hi everyone, I think we can all agree that we could always use better and more durable batteries in our laptops, but I for one can't really find out what is happening on this front, so I thought I...
1
1

Frequency Inverter - increasing 50Hz to 60Hz
I have a 400v 5.5kW 4 pole motor driven via a frequency inverter at 50Hz. If I increase the frequenecy to 60Hz, the rpm will increase but how much more power (kW0 will the motor draw?? Is is just...
1
1

THD issues when using a VFD
The water association I am with had contractors install a 240 volt, three phase, 10 H.P. submersible pump for our community water system. After connecting it to a VFD, THD measurements on the three...
4
4