Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

safety, inverters
Go and have a look at the discussions about inverters on uk.legal (inverters and moderators and) (electric fences)mainly from poster "blah".I think his postings are dangerous if people believe him and...

Big difference between Electrical & Electronics...
There is a huge difference between the Electrical & the Electronics industry and methods. I have been an electrical contractor/electrician for 26 years. Some of the answers in here are very funny....
5
5

Nice links
For any interested parties that might want to make a polar plot:

Extech DMMs -- not a serious tool
Extech DMMs have a "power-saving" feature that powers off the meter after 15 minutes. That's 15 minutes after turning it on, not 15 minutes after last measurement. It beeps a minute before shutting...
5
5

Wiedemann-Franz law
I have seen a number of posts here regarding the use of aluminum heat sinks. I have read only a few of them. For anyone seriously interested in the topic, they should read up on the Wiedemann-Franz...

DTV Pal running slow
My DTV Pal set top box is starting its scheduled channel changes late. Currently it's running 10 minutes late. I've disabled "inactivity standby" (which turns it off after certain time without...
10
10

Where can I find AC e-books (Alternating Current)?
Thanks.
1
1

Peltola coax connector?
This push-on connector is used in Tektronix equipment for board-to-board signal connection. Was it ever available outside Tek? Thanks,
1
1

Engineering
website has thousands of video lectures from the world's top scholars. Excellent source for mayors, minors and much more. http://academicearth.org/subjects/engineeringhttp://academicearth.org/This

"Insulgrip" hs tubing -- specs?
Googled but can't find voltage insulating value for HS-105 tubing. Anybody know the answer? Or point me to the manufacturers web site? Thanks.
11
11

Can this be accomplished?
Hi: Does a device that switches frequency [in number of Hz] with peak-to- peak amplitude [in number of in electron(s)-per-second-per-square- meter] ? and visa versa -- exist? If not, is it possible to...

Knowledge
Dear Friends, I am currently enlisted in the US Navy. In approx. three years i will be attending U of L to finish my bachelors in engineering. My only problem is that i am four classes away,...
1
1

Power quality measurements for predictive maintenance
Saw this interesting article on how to use power quality measurements in predictive maintenance.

request
dear friends, I am searching a topic for my seminar presentation, if u have any good topics plz send it to me. my mail id : yours faithfully Ajay
1
1

Thumbwheel with click!
I am trying to find a component that does the following: (1) Operates as a thumbwheel, i.e. to be mounted so that the edge of the wheel protrudes from a casing through a slot. (2) Has mechanical...
8
8