Converting a 9v train to work on 12v track

Hi all, Question posed recently was:

Is the 9V-motor compatible with the 12V-motor?

Well, the 9v motor won't be compatible, unless you solder 4 pick ups on the motor. This link may help:

should show you how to convert a 9v motor into a 12volt one (after some tweaking)

Just wonder if anyone has tried this & may have photos of such a project?

Thanks, Neil

> Matthijs wrote: >Hello, > >I used to have an old Lego train (typenumber 7730) which ran on 12V. >As a young boy I managed to destroy the train's motor. > >I'm trying to buy a used replacement, but I'm also thinking of buying >a new 9V motor and modifying the Lego transformer module (I know a bit >about electronics, can handle a soldering iron). > >Questions: >- is, except for the 9 or 12 volt part, the 9V-motor compatible with >the 12V-motor? Track width, power/ground via a middle rail? >- Anyone ever modified a 12-volt Lego transformer to control a 9V >motor? > >Thanks, >Matthijs > snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
Reply to
Neil