We have a missing General Grievous. LEGO will not sell it as replacement (some licencing issues with Mr. Lucas?).

Is there a place for asking to buy rare LEGO pieces?

I've not used it recently but bricklink has helped me in the past.
Most of the lego discussion has left Usenet for website forums, which saddens me, because I like Usenet a whole lot more than webfora.
Elijah ------ try, for example, lugnet