mindstorms nxt unable to install package on windows

I jut received mindstorms nxt for windows. I tryed installing the package on windows xp home edition. It would not install because I did not have high enough screen resolution and I did not have service pack

2 for windows and I did not have bluetooth(optional). I was able to install the software by doubleclicking on the setup.exe in the cd directory. Do I really need the resolution and do I really need service pack 2? I tryed installing service pack 2 but was not able to complete the process as windows never completed installing it (or never started to install it-I still have service pack 1) Mary
Reply to
tombates

I don't have nxt but I wouldn't be surprised that the resolution is needed.

As for sevice pack 2, most manufacturers nowadays requires that since there are soooooooo many patches (security or otherwise) that have been added. It would be very hard to get support if you don't have fp 2.

Microsoft is getting very picky these days about the "authenticity" of your copies of XP. A lot of times, they wrongfully decided that you don't have a legitimate copy of XP and refuse to install SP 2.

Reply to
Robot Fan

In article , snipped-for-privacy@city-net.com wrote

The software is quite fussy, it is also very greedy with screen space - many distracting things scattered around the screen. Try it and so how you get on. :-(

Lego only support the software on XP SP2. I may try on Windows 2000, if it installs, at the weekend.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Naggs