Windows upgrade and Autocad

We're gong to upgrade Windows XP to service pack 2 and are concerned whether our Autocad software (2004) will still be fuctional after
installing the new OS, as we do not have the original Autocad CD. Do you know if there are software conflicts with the older version of Autocad and the latest Windows XP version? Are there particular precautions we can take to gaurd against losing our existing Autcad running on this computer?
James
Windows XP 2002 SP 2 Home Edition on my laptop runs ACAD2004, MDT2004 and Inventor 8. Thought you were to ask about Vista. Howard