remote decoupler - #7862

anyone seen these?

was just looking through various trackside sets for 12V system then noticed this one and was thinking "humm I never ever heard of that" and looking at the bricklink 'lots for sale' I see there are only three expensive sellers.

seem like an interesting idea and I think that now answered one old question: why these lego couplers had the small rod pointing straight down on them.

Reply to
dr

Yes, and I had one. You are right about the "Pins" The decoupler worked by forcing the pins and thusly the magnets apart. They were terribly unpopular for the obvious reason: The thing tended to knock the car right off the track. Also, you had to make sure that the mechanism was completely centered between the posts for it to work at all. All in all, a pretty neat novelty (if little else) for the 12v collector.

Best Regards,

Mark

Reply to
Mark A. Plum