was the 12V train transformer only sold in 240V markets?

subject says the question

the shell for the transformer seem interesting to me, why I even could accept an empty case to put my own transformer in hehe guess I'm just going dream as usual

because for now for some years my trains have had to run off a Tech II controller but at least its been better than nothing still, right?

Reply to
dr

It seems that 740 was for 240V and 742 was for 100V. The 741 could be for both 100V and 240V:

Play well,

Jacob

Reply to
Jacob Sparre Andersen

didn't realize there was a blue one too....

I was actually refering to the later gray one especially with the knob/throttle control on top.

no harm anyhow still :-)

Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:

Reply to
dr

I would think that pretty much any 12V transformer would work - get one for an HO or O guage railway. You'll have to lash up your own track connectors but even superglue does that job OK.

Reply to
John Mycroft
[ please don't top-post ]

That one _is_ nice. I have the 240V version. Have you searched for a 100V version? I would be surprised if it only existed in a 240V version, when the preceeding one existed for both markets.

Play well,

Jacob

Reply to
Jacob Sparre Andersen