Rubber Sealed Collet

I was looking at various sources for a fill in collet. One of my sets of ER25s came with a 6mm instead of a 1/4. Grrr... Anyway, I was looking at collets and saw rubber sealed ER collets listed for sale. What are those for? Coolant through tooling?

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

I'd be pissed, too...using an undersized collet is a definite = no-no....suggest contact the seller or buy a 1/4in collet asap

Here's a good read on the topic:

formatting link
You might recognize the author, Dan Murphy, who used to post here fairly = often...

--of all of the machinists I've been aquainted with over my lifetime ( = and there have literally been thousands ) he would easily rate into the = top ten so far as expertise in the field is concerned.=20


Reply to

I have a 1/4" in my other set, but a couple times I have had need of two of them at the same time in order to make a job go faster. I was ignored by the seller, but the set was inexpensive enough. I think they were retiring, and just made a mistake when they packed up the set and shipped it to me. The 1/4" one probably went out to whoever bought their metric collets. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.