Speed regulator for 4558/10001

Are there any compatibility issues between trains and speed regulator?
Or does any Lego 9 volt speed regulator fit the 4558/10001 I am about
to buy.
Thank you, Patricia
Reply to
Patricia Roosen
The Lego 9V speed regulator is a standard item and will power any of the 9V range of train sets including 4558/10001.
Grahame
Patricia Roosen wrote:
Reply to
Grahame Reid
Graham
Thanks, now we will buy this beautiful 4558/10001 for our little son.
I am awaiting his face when he gets it...
Patricia
Reply to
Patricia Roosen
If it's attached to the same train, right? If they're attached to different trains, they'll both move, but this could clearly cause problems as you can't independently control their speed.
The above assumes that you've not modified your engines (e.g. for DCC control).
Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Findley
If the motors are in two separate trains, a single power supply will work for both of them. Eventually, one will catch up to the other, then they will form a single train.
Reply to
Ken Rice
That's the typical problem. ;-)
However, if you used a layout with enough switches in the right places, I'm sure you might be able to keep the trains on separate loops, but this clearly complicates things.
Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Findley

Site Timeline