Speed regulator for 4558/10001

Are there any compatibility issues between trains and speed regulator?
Or does any Lego 9 volt speed regulator fit the 4558/10001 I am about
to buy.
Thank you, Patricia
The Lego 9V speed regulator is a standard item and will power any of the 9V range of train sets including 4558/10001.
Grahame
Patricia Roosen wrote:

Graham
Thanks, now we will buy this beautiful 4558/10001 for our little son.
I am awaiting his face when he gets it...
Patricia
With the current train system, can you have more than one motor with a single regulator?
Tim

Yes.
http://users.erols.com/kennrice
says...

If it's attached to the same train, right? If they're attached to different trains, they'll both move, but this could clearly cause problems as you can't independently control their speed.
The above assumes that you've not modified your engines (e.g. for DCC control).
Jeff

snipped-for-privacy@ugs.nojunk.com says...

If the motors are in two separate trains, a single power supply will work for both of them. Eventually, one will catch up to the other, then they will form a single train.
http://users.erols.com/kennrice

for
form
That's the typical problem. ;-)
However, if you used a layout with enough switches in the right places, I'm sure you might be able to keep the trains on separate loops, but this clearly complicates things.
Jeff