Oxygen regulator for argon

Is it ok to use an oxygen regulator for argon. I know the part that attaches to the bottle has to be changed.

stan

Reply to
sbaer

I believe the bottle pressure for Argon and O2 are the same, around

2200 psi, and since Argon is inert there are no compatibility issues with the O2 regulator, so YES. Western Enterprises manufactures the CGA-580 nipple and nut for the Argon bottle.
Reply to
Ipeak

It should be fine. I did this for a number of years. You will need a flow meter of some kind if you are using it for TIG work.

Good Luck, Bob

Reply to
MetalHead