What's the best set, in terms of bricks-per-dollar?

I'm posting this partly out of curiosity and partly because I might find the set on ebay and give it to a kid I know:

In your recent memory, what's the best LEGO set you know, in terms of # of bricks per buck.

(A Star Wars set might have 3,000 pieces, but honestly I think the money just goes to Lucasfilms.) If possible I'd like to learn about

*sets*, with building instructions, etc., not bulk buckets of bricks.

Thanks!

me

Reply to
mensan

You may want to check:

Specifically:
Enjoy.

Reply to
Dean Earley

The best one I have bought is the 8672 Ferrari F1 Fuel Stop with 573 parts for $19.90, which is 3.47 cents per part.

Next up is the 7019 Viking Fortress Against the Fafnir Dragon with 1019 parts for $48.99, which works out to 4.81 cents per part. This was gotten during TRU's buy 2 get 1 free deal.

Reply to
Ken Rice