Where to get Robolab cheap?

Is there anyone that can get me Robolab software - preferably for free? Yes I know, the proper thing would be to pay full price. But frankly, I got the full-price RIS 2.0 kit (3804) several years ago, but have rarely used it as the included software sucks. I hate the messy, unskippable startup, I hate the QuickTime requirement, and I hate the full-screen, non-standard interface. I have the impression that Robolab is better on these points (I've only tested a demo), and wonder why it wasn't included in the set.

The only torrent I've found is RoboLab_2-5_WIN&MAC.nrg.torrent (from torrentbox.com), but it seems to be pretty dead (0.5%) and I'm not really sure what to do with an .NRG file anyway. I tried searching for it on Ebay, Amazon and Bricklink too, but couldn't find it (does this software have any item number?).

It's bad enough that my otherwise great RIS set just collects dust, another problem is that I feel I can't justify buying the new NXT set when I've gotten so little results with the old one. Can the new NXT software be used with the old RIS hardware?

Axel

Reply to
Axel Eng

Don't know where to get Robolab cheap. The software that comes with the NXT won't work with RIS hardware. If you do get a copy of Robolab that is version 2.0 or later, you can buy, from

an upgrade called Robolab 2.9 that will run on both the NXT and the RIS. Kerry

Reply to
KERRY MONTGOMERY

"KERRY MONTGOMERY" :

That page doesn't seem to work, I only get a "Server Error in '/' Application" error. Has it been up recently? And do you mean that I FIRST have to acquire Robolab myself, and THEN buy an upgrade from this site?

Axel

Reply to
Axel Eng

I get that same error this morning - the site was working yesterday. Yes, you'd first have to get a copy of Robolab, then the upgrade. Sorry, Kerry

Reply to
KERRY MONTGOMERY

I'd look at BrickX CC. Its a C IDE though rather than graphical.

Reply to
Dean Earley