Any help would be appreciated

I have a brass combination lock that has been in the family since I was a
kid. I am now 50 years old. It has three cylinders numbered 0 to 13. It also
has a small thick hasp to lock to, it must be a special use, as you can
adjust the cylinders to any combination. My question is where can I find out
its use and its value? I am just curious and do not plan on selling it, just
want to know more of the story on it. I do have a photo of it. Thanks
Reply to
mobie10
Bob DeWeese, CML probably meant 100 kb... ?
I'd be interested to see it, but I'm not a member of Clearstar. Can you put it up on the internet and provide a link? If it is a padlock, I have info on padlock experts if you don't a response on Clearstar.
KD
Reply to
KD
locksmith company
your
Problems.
hand, that he may
because he cares
thats what I figured :-) (cable here) ! g'day
Reply to
"Keyman
Got it. Thanks. I think I've seen one somewhere before. I bet BBE would know something about it or have one on his First Internet Lock Museum site.
> Give me your email address. It bounced > > -- > Bob DeWeese, CML > snipped-for-privacy@bearlock.com >

> > Bear Lock & Security Service, Inc - A full service locksmith company > specializing in professional, cost effective solutions to your > Commercial, Residential, Safe, and Automotive Security Problems. > > <>< Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may > lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares > for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7 >
> > Check your email. > > > > -- > > Bob DeWeese, CML > > snipped-for-privacy@bearlock.com > >

> > > Bob DeWeese, CML probably meant 100 kb... ? > > > > > > I'd be interested to see it, but I'm not a member of Clearstar. Can you > > put > > > it up on the internet and provide a link? > > > If it is a padlock, I have info on padlock experts if you don't a > response > > > on Clearstar. > > > > > > KD > > > > > >
Reply to
KD
Apparently there isn't much known about this lock. I posted it and your questions on Clearstar General Forum (cream of the crop when it comes to locksmiths) and there was only one response...
"Nice lock - I would want it! All I can tell you is very collectable."
I've got another place to try. I'll get back to you.
Bobby
Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML
I am not pulling anyone's leg. I do have that same lock, I did get the photo off the site about a year ago. I must admit I was surprised when I saw it. It doesn't give any information about it, just that it sold for $455 back in 1999 on Ebay. I went to Ebay hoping to find the whole ad in the completed sale group, but I guess they don't go back that far. I could send you a photo of me holding the lock, even opened if that would convince you. I have read the post here for at least two weeks and would never try to fool this group, I know you all are too knowledgeable and far too busy for me to waste your time, if I did not have one exactly like it. Again I just want to know the origin, intended use and current value. I could send you a photo of me holding the lock, even opened and set to any combination you may request, if that would convince you.
Reply to
mobie10
I guess we understand better now. There were a lot of different lock makers back in the 1800's and many of them didn't bother putting names on their products. In those cases your only hope is that maybe they did go ahead and apply for a patent. My patent files on older padlocks of this type of lock only go back to 1865 and I didn't find anything close enough to say it was probably the same maker. BBE.
mobie10 wrote: > > I am not pulling anyone's leg. I do have that same lock, I did get the photo > off the site about a year ago. I must admit I was surprised when I saw it. > It doesn't give any information about it, just that it sold for $455 back in > 1999 on Ebay. I went to Ebay hoping to find the whole ad in the completed > sale group, but I guess they don't go back that far. I could send you a > photo of me holding the lock, even opened if that would convince you. I have > read the post here for at least two weeks and would never try to fool this > group, I know you all are too knowledgeable and far too busy for me to waste > your time, if I did not have one exactly like it. Again I just want to know > the origin, intended use and current value. I could send you a photo of me > holding the lock, even opened and set to any combination you may request, if > that would convince you. >
> > Mobile10 is evidently pulling our collective legs here. The picture > > posted on CSN is from my museum site. It is the first lock on page 2 of > > the combination lock category and all of the pricing data is available > > directly under it. See the link, > > > >
> > > I would have answered this quicker but been out on a trip without the > > computer. > > BBE. > > > > "Bob DeWeese, CML" wrote: > > > > > > Apparently there isn't much known about this lock. I posted it and your > > > questions on Clearstar General Forum (cream of the crop when it comes to > > > locksmiths) and there was only one response... > > > > > > "Nice lock - I would want it! All I can tell you is very collectable." > > > > > > I've got another place to try. I'll get back to you. > > > > > > Bobby > > > > > > -- > > > Bob DeWeese, CML > > > snipped-for-privacy@bearlock.com > > >

Reply to
Billy B. Edwards Jr.

Site Timeline