Any help would be appreciated

I have a brass combination lock that has been in the family since I was a kid. I am now 50 years old. It has three cylinders numbered 0 to 13. It also has a small thick hasp to lock to, it must be a special use, as you can adjust the cylinders to any combination. My question is where can I find out its use and its value? I am just curious and do not plan on selling it, just want to know more of the story on it. I do have a photo of it. Thanks

Reply to
mobie10

Email me a picture and I'll post it on Clearstar for you. (It needs to be under 100 meg)

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Bob DeWeese, CML probably meant 100 kb... ?

I'd be interested to see it, but I'm not a member of Clearstar. Can you put it up on the internet and provide a link? If it is a padlock, I have info on padlock experts if you don't a response on Clearstar.

KD

Reply to
KD

They have a huge server! (And I now have DSL)

Yeah. I meant k

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Give me your email address. It bounced

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

locksmith company

your

Problems.

hand, that he may

because he cares

thats what I figured :-) (cable here) ! g'day

Reply to
"Keyman

Got it. Thanks. I think I've seen one somewhere before. I bet BBE would know something about it or have one on his First Internet Lock Museum site.

Reply to
KD

Apparently there isn't much known about this lock. I posted it and your questions on Clearstar General Forum (cream of the crop when it comes to locksmiths) and there was only one response...

"Nice lock - I would want it! All I can tell you is very collectable."

I've got another place to try. I'll get back to you.

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Try this...

There's no email link on the site but there is a phone number. Good luck!

Let us know what you find out.

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

I am not pulling anyone's leg. I do have that same lock, I did get the photo off the site about a year ago. I must admit I was surprised when I saw it. It doesn't give any information about it, just that it sold for $455 back in

1999 on Ebay. I went to Ebay hoping to find the whole ad in the completed sale group, but I guess they don't go back that far. I could send you a photo of me holding the lock, even opened if that would convince you. I have read the post here for at least two weeks and would never try to fool this group, I know you all are too knowledgeable and far too busy for me to waste your time, if I did not have one exactly like it. Again I just want to know the origin, intended use and current value. I could send you a photo of me holding the lock, even opened and set to any combination you may request, if that would convince you.

Reply to
mobie10

Reply to
Billy B. Edwards Jr.