Any Locsmiths use Promaster ?

Looking for a good masterkeying program .

Anyone here heard of or use Promaster ?

Recommend it ?

It seems like a lot of money.

They want about $5000 here in Australia.

Am wondering if I should just look into buying it direct from the U.S. Our suppliers are such rip offs here with there Mark Ups.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

$5,000 for a computer program to generate masterkey systems?

Look at it this way, how much time would you have to save over doing it by hand to justify the expenditure? To do it by hand you need a pencil and some paper. You also need an understanding of the how's and whys.

With the computer, you get the same result it is just typeset in a neat form but if you lack the knowledge of the how's and whys you can still end up with junk if you permit the computer to exceed the parameters of the locks you are working on.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Yes Chris, I agree that the price of code & MK software is too expensive here in Oz. Most of our MK systems are under 100 doors, so it's not too hard to generate a MK system for these fellers. My largest MK customer has 480 doors, which was designed using Promaster 3 (another Locky mates program). It really is a fabulous program, but if you are like me and find that you may not get enough return to quantify the investment in such an expensive program, then find a larger Locky that has Promaster. A 2 ltr bottle of Bundy Rum will usually get your system printed out and in your hands. :-) Cheers.

Reply to
Steve Paris

for $5000 ? learn how to write em by hand :-)

Reply to
Key

Hello,

HPC's MasterKing - $ 325.00 USD

BogusID

we use promaster 5, but as we have Westfield and Telstra as customers where over a 1000 cylinders is not uncommon, It's a godsend. It also has a package you can sell to your clients, which gives them a key register programme and a matrix of their system, showing them which individual keys work certain cyl's etc.... I'm sure we didn't pay that much initially but with upgrades we could be up there.. but in my opinion the best masterkeying software I've come across..

Reply to
steve

I used a modified version of that program in a job I had a few years ago, it was a disaster but only because the program had been modified to produce US style key systems instead of what you are used to. It is my understanding that most of the systems you will need to make are selective key systems and there really isn't much US software that will do those because of the overhead involved in producing both types.

If you need to produce standard hierarchical key systems, symmetrical or asymmetrical, I would suggest the Locksoft MK3 program. That program knows how to do cross key>

Reply to
Billy B. Edwards Jr.