asbestos

I have a herring hall marvin safe 1953 it has a few holes on the floor. I drilled through the floor to bolt it down and a lot of powder blew out later i started wondering is this asbestos? thanks in advance tim

Reply to
write_tim

Could be gypsum, or asbestos. In any case, sweep what you can into a dustpan. Vaccum the rest up with a vac cleaner.

And then don't say a word of this to anyone.

Asbestos is only harmful if you are exposed to large ammounts, over a long period of time. Other than that, it's fairly harmless stuff.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

or even a weird form of cement --Shiva--

Reply to
me

Well if it is asbestos you might not want to use the vacuum cleaner. Instead use a damp cloth.

It is probably not asbestos, but in the event it is you do not want to breathe in the dust.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

AFAIK HHM did not use asbestos.

Reply to