Cat in the furnace

Ought to mention that I do a little heating and AC in addition to the locks.

Another look into my life =======================

A couple weeks ago, a firned of mine had a kitten which fell into the heater duct. She called the fire department, who came out and took the duct apart. And left it in pieces. I got to put it back together.

Well, she called again. Thinks a different cat went downt he duct (from second floor bathroom, no less). I'm out the door to rescue the cat. ths time without fail we screw some covers over the duct, to cover the vent. Or maybe staple some screen or something like that.

====================== Figuring this was another one of the same, I took apart the same duct I'd put back together the last time. No signs of cat, in the seven inch round duct. I followed that back to the furnace, there was a patch piece of metal over where there used to be a humidifier. So, I started to take that apart. I looked in as best possible, no cat. Went out to the truck and got my miror, and used that to look into the heat exchanger, and back through the duct. No cat.

Gwen asked if the cat might be in the heater. Not likely, but I did pull the cover panel off. No cat by the burners. I pulled the lower panel, which exposed the circuit board, and the blower fan. Look in with my mini mag, and surprise!

Cat looking back at me.... and blast, I didn't have my camera with me. That was a total Kodak moment.

I talked to the cat for a moment, and Gwen came over. She was pleased the cat was still alive. She reached in, and pulled the cat out. They went upstairs to get the cat a drink of water, and some to eat.

I put the furnace covers back on, and also the duct back together. I'd brought some screen wire to staple over the vents. And screwed shut a part of the vent that was open, in the back. Hope not to do this again.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-&spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:nfJ7h.20259$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

just think of how many pieces would be laying around if she had called "the fire department" first again ? :-)

Reply to
Key

Now that's a heck of a thought. I'd have to reassemble the whole thing, for sure. Makes life worthwhile, to be able to do a job with minimal damage.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

But the cat came back the very next day The cat came back, they thought he was a goner But the cat came back, he just wouldn't stay away

BogusID

You should leave that to licensed professionals, after all, how would you feel if they started doing locksmithing?

Reply to
Al Mundy

how do you know he is not licensed to do heating and AC ?

Reply to
Key

That's a profound thought. In my part of the world neither one requires a license.

I've been doing refrigeration for 12 years, and HVAC for six. Locksmithing gets boring after 21 years.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Shazaam, that's a deep thought. Maybe I'm a licensed HVAC guy dabbling in locks?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

In all honesty, I forgot the smiley....

Reply to
Al Mundy

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-&spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Iqsbh.31432$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

anything is possable :)

Reply to
Key

here it is :-)

Reply to
Key

including you spell like trailer trash too, that "a" is NOWHERE near the "i" LOL

5th grade edukaton got ya down?
Reply to
peter piper

whatever pan.. still think you need to get out the house..

Reply to
Key

some smiths do moon-light in other professions. I am retired from the day to day locksmithing but have never had all my eggs in the same basket.

all I really know about Chris comes from here.

g'day Steve

Reply to
Key

LOL read his own posts on the subject. Including that one that was posted here a few months back about his fridge repair adventure. It was so ridiculous some people assumed it had to be a forged spoof of him. It wasn't. It was just another botched repair job for Chris. Don't take my word on it. He has posted about numerous ones. DAG. This guy should not be allowed within 100 feet any anything containing refrigerant.

Reply to
Steve

NY state doesn't require any contractors or other license to do HVAC or refrigeration work? Even if true you still need a 608 certification nationwide.

And based on your own postings the swath of destruction you have left in your wake rivals a decent sized tornado.

Reply to
Steve

Only need the 608 card for air conditioning -- and then only if you add or remove refrigerant. Heating guys don't need a 608 card.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wrong. Once again proving you don't know what you need to about HVAC or refrigeration to do it professionally. You need the 608 cert for refrigerant handling in refrigeration and in heating where applicable e.g. heat pumps in addition to AC work alone. 609 for motor vehicle air conditioning. Refrigeration technicians are not exempt from 608 certification requirement, although for most household refrigeration equipment they can get by with a type 1. As far as adding or removing refrigerant you can't work effectively in HVAC or refrigeration if you can't do that because you never know when you take a job if you will have to handle refrigerant or not. True you can fix a problem that doesn't require refrigerant handling without cetification but you never know that it will be that type of problem in advance.

Reply to
Steve

Much speaking. Adding nothing I didn't know. Time for you to quit.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon