Good UK sources for Locksmith tools?

Hello gentlemen (and ladies?),

I've been interested in lock-picking for at least the last 10 years, especially since buying a basic set of lock picks while on holiday in Orlando - I managed to pick the hotel room safe the day I bought them!). So, I have managed to get to a pretty OK standard (I think!) with the tools I currently have, on some of the locks around my house.

Recently I watched a video "lock picking for the new millenium" and saw a whole bunch of lockpicking tools that I never even knew existed. Obviously, I feel the need to spend my hard-earned cash on buying some :-)

So, my question is, can anyone recommend a good supplier of lock-picking tools in the UK? Or, do I just google up some suppliers (which seem to be largely US-based) and see if they ship?

Any advice would be very welcome...

Thanks, Gareth

Reply to
BlahDiBlah

snip

yada yada yada DAGS. It's been done to death.

Reply to
DB

I'm still waiting to here how many employees you've had that worked for you for the magical 2 years it takes before you will teach picking. Did you pay FICA on the employees?

Maybe but he didn't. He just asked a question he could get an answer to from any search engine. Stupid but he already got his chops busted for that without the elitist stupidity you go on with. Not to mention the fact that when you use "" they are supposed to bracket something the person you are responding to actually said., not something you made up to justify your latest delusion.

What do you know about honorable? How long did it take you to learn to do this:

From: "Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-& snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Message-ID: <45933a7c$1$16947$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com Two works, in many cases. I did a MK in a factory where someone had filed and ground the plugs. I ended up making a 4-step, and even then I could jiggle a couple of the keys to get em to work in different doors. I hope they never find out.

Reply to
Steve

I can see why that would be true. However, I suggested no such thing.

Hmmm... I wasn't expecting that I would be much "use" to this newsgroup (at least, not yet). I was hoping to get some advice from friendly professional locksmiths. Clearly, I was mistaken for thinking that alt.locksmithing was the place to come.

Again, I asked for no such thing. Also, I trust that if you ever have problems with, for example, your computer... that you won't dare to ask for any advice from people like me, that have spent the last 30 years building computer hardware & software. Good. That's a deal then.

And I don't know anything about you. Then again, I think I've learned enough from your post...

Baa Humbug!

Wow, what a friendly place this is... It's just *too* much fun for me, I'll have to leave you guys to it!

Gareth

Reply to
BlahDiBlah

I certainly did!

BTW, what I was asking for was recommendations about a *good* UK distributor/retailer. I put alot of weight on people's personal experience, in addition to anything I can pick up from Google. OK, if that's stupid, then it's stupid...

Gareth

Reply to
BlahDiBlah

It isn't rocket science. The internet is littered with lock pick suppliers. If you can't find a dozen or more that will ship to you, in the UK or not, including tools for locks used in the UK, then you aren't looking very hard.

Reply to
Steve

Not really. You just got a pointed suggestion.

Then go ask on a lockpicking/locksports group. How many locksmiths you really think buy picks over the interenet? Aren't lockpicks illegal to posess in the UK anyway? I don't think you can buy a BB gun there without a permit so it's hard to believe they don't regulate lockpicks and the like.

Reply to
DB

As for protecting "the secrets of locksmithing", you can go to youtube, type in locksmithing and get 250 posts. Enter lockpicking and you get 1620 posts. Enter bumpkey and get 186 posts. And you can go to the local library and get many books on the subject. Or any bookstore like Barnes and Nobles. Then there is the internet. You can find info on how to open safes by manipulation, buy and use bump keys, and anything else you are interested in. A company in Houston, TX sells all sorts of locksmithing supplies over the internet with a credit card. So, if a person really wants to know ANYTHING about locksmithing, it is easily available. And not a secret.

Reply to
Paul

Who said anything about "the secrets of locksmithing"? Doesn't anybody on this group know what quotes mean?

Reply to
DB

(Apparently asterisks are needed to reflect a rhetorical statement.) Either someone is too lazy to do any research, or more likely is fishing for attention *troll*.

Maybe they should just sign up to the locksmith wiki site :-)

Reply to
BogusID

LMAO sock puppet paul says somethin stupid somebody comments then there's Bogus to his puppets defense. Big suprise there.

Reply to
Macky

No, your meds make you laugh, I replied to Paul and we were all making obvious fun.

Sorry the meds impact your sense of humor punchey.

Reply to
BogusID

I doubt he's punch job despite that they both use earthlink. Read the J&J Taylor thread. 'Macky' says he doesn't know much about safes. Punch Job has an enourmous ego. I don't think he could bring himself to say that even as an alternate identity. Also no cursing to speak of from Macky. Punch Job can't write a post without it.

Reply to
Steve

Dude you are a weird little man.

Reply to