Lock turns, but doesn't open????

Hi I have encountered a lock with something weird with it. Actually it were

2 lock, simple deadbolt locks (at least I think that is what they call it in english) like this

=== // \\ |............| | | | |

---------

The first one opened just fine (with lockpicking), and I noticed that the lock was double blocked on both sides, if you know what I mean. But when I turned the lock, it just clicked open.

Now the other lock, I also succeeded in picking, I turned it (about 90 degrees, it doesn't go any further) but still it wouldn't open, not even when I applied a lot of torque and pulled at it. I did noticed there was a tiny screw on the side of the lock, I managed to turn it with one of my tools, and it turns about one turn. But when I turned the screw when the lock (the inside) was turned it got blocked (couldn't turn it back), and if I turned the screw while it was closed it didn't seem pickable anymore.

So any idea why this is? what does it need to get that lock open?

thanks, I hope you can understand my poor english :P

Bram

Reply to
Bram Vaessen

Did you pick it in the right direction?

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Yes I succeeded in picking the lock, it turned 90 degrees... with the other lock (same brand etc.) it opened when I picked and turned it, like it should...

any idea?

Reply to
Bram Vaessen

lock open?

degrees... with the other

it, like it

you're missing the point... did you try and pick it in the (other direction) ?

Reply to
"Keyman

Reply to
Billy B. Edwards Jr.

If you can't, get a plug spinner.. works wonders.

Ross :-}

Reply to
Ross Elmer