help beginner to choose a pick gun please

hi all,
I'm a beginner in lockpicking and I bought a hand pick set on the net
I ve unlocked many locks with, but I m not able to pick my ABUS 65/40
I think that's because there are mushroom pins
do you know if I can pick all I want with a pick gun ?
is it easy ?
what do u suggest to me ?
TIA
Reply to
joe_la_crasse
Buy one out of a gun magazine you bought at the store. Yes, you can then pick any lock in the world, including Medeco and Abloy. It's incredibly easy. Just do it like on TV.
Incidentally, we don't teach picking on this group, so this advice may not be valid.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
you could try lockpickshop.com, or you could learn how to properly pick mushroom pins. they're really not hard at all. take a look around on lockpicking101.com. this group is completely useless for that kind of information.
Reply to
fugi
No. A pick gun is a tool to help those skilled in the art, to get the artwork done. Buying a revolver doesn't turn you into Annie Oakley.
See above.
Practice, practice and practice.
regards Thorsten
Reply to
Thorsten Fenk
no..
imposable..
practice, practice and then practice some more. g'day
Reply to
Key
in 15 years, and several have tried to tell and show me, I have NEVER picked OR impressioned a Master
an Abus? sure.. have done it both ways..
--Shiva--
Reply to
--Shiva--
That's the idea.
It could be that or it could be you don't know what you are doing or it could be a combo of the two.
I have no idea if YOU can pick it with a pick gun or any other way.
No.
Use the key.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
Good advice.
"Useless"? So are teats on a bull. What's your point?
This group is called "alt.lock_smithing_" not "alt.lock_picking_". Why would anyone expect different?
Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML
Yes you can-have at 'er-you night screw up the lock.If you are really into picking, stick with the sites mentioned.
Master-Schlage AK47-M16
Damn You!!!!-JK-LMAO
Reply to
goma865
sorry.. its the EQUAL of watching Hank Spicer impression a 6 cut GM side bar ignition.. he could do it all day long.. me? naa..LOLOL --Shiva--
Reply to
--Shiva--
my point is alt.locksmithing is useless for information on lock picking.
yes.. which is why I said it was useless for that _kind_ of information. don't be a jackass.
Reply to
fugi
so a master works in even the most severe conditions and isn't sensitive and prone to failure when parts of lesser quality are introduced, and schlage is over compliated, jams up in less than perfect conditions, and is twice as expensive? damn. I'll stick with the master.
;)
Reply to
fugi
no, didnt SAY that.. I find Masters MORE prone to 'going bad', amd end up force removing a lot.. over an Abus, for Instance..
and schlage is over compliated, jams up in less than
and a Schlage padlock?? never seen one as such.. a SCHLAGE key cylinder in an American, yes..
--Shiva--
Reply to
--Shiva--
well you should have then said schlage - master : AK-47 - M16
(read schlage and the AK are both better than the other)
the direct porting of gas onto the face of the bolt carrier like in Stoner's design, the m16, is prone to failure and picky about conditions and ammunition. the gas operation of Kalashnikov's AK-47 with it's long stroke piston and rotating locking bolt is far superrior as it takes less precise machining, which in turn allows the weapon to fire reliably in all conditions, and will accept any ammunition regardless of quality. accuracy of said weapons is almost identical in combat conditions, however the AK was improved to the AKS-74 which fires a round which has the same external ballistics of the round the Stoner fires. however, the terminal ballistics are quite different, but effective in their own ways.
Reply to
fugi
^Or maybe watching Eddie the Wire pick a sidebar?-LOL
Actually, I never have tried the ABUS-I will one of these days. later, goma.
Reply to
goma865
The reason they are not more common is they cost too damn much and other alternatives are stronger and cheaper.
I suspect that they are a tad more common on the west coast.
Reply to
Roger Shoaf
are they more secure against force and manipulation, or do they just last longer under the same stress?
Reply to
fugi
Check out DSA's Z4-GTC. Basically the same old AR-15 in an M4 16" configuration except with a gas piston system instead of the Stoner system. Other companies are starting to make conversion parts to do the same thing. For example:
Price is a factor, you can buy 2 or 3 AK type rifles for the cost of the conversion parts, but the price will come down if they catch on.
the gas operation of Kalashnikov's AK-47
Nope. Bought some Remington PMC 7.62X39 about a year ago that was so out of spec it wouldn't even chamber. Case dimensions were off by as much as 3/8". Extreme example though. It wouldn't have functioned in anything.
accuracy of said weapons is almost
The 7.62x39 has the ballistics of a frisbee compared to the 5.56.
however the AK was improved to the
Or you can just get the AK variant chambered in 5.56. They are out there.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
I believe the schlage padlock is still in production, a few years back it was manufactured by New Standard in Las Vegas. Identical lock to the new standard with a schlage logo.
Reply to
Keyman55

Site Timeline