extra key needed for "car-bar" steering wheel lock

Hello,

I'm looking for a Toronto, Ontario locksmith that has blanks and can cut key for my steering wheel lock. This lock was given to me some time ago and it came with only one key. I took the key and lock to a reputable shop in Toronto after talking to them on the phone. I swear the blank matched my key but they would not make a copy; they insisted it would not work and it was a waste of a blank...

The key shaft is cylindrical with the metal cut such that it ends up looking something like the end of a Philips screwdriver. Each of the four "blades" is cut in a slightly different pattern. One of the four blades is slightly thicker than the others (like a pilot? to ensure the key is inserted into the cylinder lock in the proper orientation.

This lock is clearly old. The lock itself has a label that reads simply "CAR-BAR" with a trademark symbol. The key has no marks, labels, or stamps.

Any help appreciated. TIA.

Blake

Reply to
Bert Nancarrow

I found these numbers: ILCO XPA1(Silca XPZ2,Orion XPA1) or.. ILCO XPA2(Silca XPZ2,Orion XPA2)

One of these blanks is slightly larger than the other. Good Luck, Later, goma.

Reply to
goma865