help beginner to choose a pick gun please

yea that's cool, I think H&K's M4 has a system like that.

well the range most engatements occur in the accuracy is the same on both.

meh, I like 5.45x39. it's cheap and the russian stuff is all sealed and lasts forever.

Reply to
fugi

Y'know, I was just thinking that the problems I've always had with pick guns are that it's hard to aim well enough to hit the keyhole, and the cartridges make a heck of a racket going off... :-P

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (address as shown

I'm with you on this one. Expensive. I remember the one I had in hand was an extruded brass model, and was very nicely made.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Perhaps I should have explained myself better.I was refering to the way the lock cylinders are engineered. Schlage is very tight-especially a new one. Master padlocks have the cylinder assembly intentionally loose-makes picking difficult-not to mention spool pins. Both the m16 and ak47 have had a lot of changes over the years. The russian steel case ammo is pretty good-shot some myself-no problems with firing or cleaning up afterwards. I have a Bushmaster ar15-once shot about 360(12-30 rounders) rounds as fast as i could-till I saw the heat coming off the heavy barrel.

Reply to
goma865

I will not be specific about how to defeat a lock, but I can tell you that an Almont padlock or an American padlock with a Schlage cylinder provides much better resistance to force attacks than does the Schlage.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I know how to defeat a lock. pin/wafer tumbler, combination, 7/8-pin tubular, sidebars, even a fancy medeco. I'm not asking you how to defeat it, I'm asking why they're better.

Reply to
fugi

I am sorry to not be able to satisfy your curiosity. The Cabal frowns on this.

There is no Cabal.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

As many US manufacturers as have cloned the damn thing you would think somebody would have addressed it before as commonly known a flaw as it is. The HK M4 I don't know, I haven't seen any sepcifications on it. As adherent to their own design fundamentals as HK is it's hard to see them making an AR type without some serious modifications.

Yeah the wolf stuff is fine. The only problem I ever heard of was the laquer coat 5.56 occaisionally failing to extract. Seemed to depend on the gun but was mostly an AR type problem. Yeah, I know, you aren't surprised at that. From what I hear they now use another type of coating and no more problems.

Reply to
putyourspamhere

Better locks generally are either made to closer tolerances (reducing the manufacturing errors that can weaken security), or are made of better materials (better resistance to force attacks and wear), or incorparate additional features which increase their security.

As to why the Schlage padlock is being downgraded -- Hey, figger it out for yourself; it's no fun if people tell you the solution to the puzzles.