Help with Black & Decker Padlocks

A customer brought me some Black & Decker padlocks to be rekeyed. I've looked about every where on these padlocks I can and can't figure out how to get the cylinder out. There's no set screw of screw to loosen under the hasp and I'm at a standstill. He said he had them rekeyed about 1 1/2 years ago in a different state so there must be a way to get the cylinder out and rekey it. Any help out there?

As usual, when I hear the answer I'll go, "Hmmm, I should have seen that."

Any help will be appreicated.

Skip

Reply to
Skip

I forgot to mention they have Kwikset keyways with working keys.

Skip

Reply to
Skip

Look in the shackle hole for a depress pin. Some use the old push pin retainer.

Could also be Almont. Need spl tools for that'n. Look for hole on face where key enters for a small hole. If there, it's Almont.

Newnsie

Reply to
UPUHRS5437

Does the keyhole end of the lock have a figure eight, like it looks as if something oughta pull out?

If so, open the padlock, and look into the hole the shackle inserts. Sometimes there is a spring loaded pin that sticks into that hole. Push it towards the center the lock with one hand (Ice pick?) while pulling out with a key extractor jammed into the keyhole with the other hand. With your third hand, hold the padlock.

Some locks are like this.....

all the RK padlocks I'v seen, you do something in the shackle hole.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

Nope, not an IC core.

I'll give it a try

Reply to
Skip

It's not an Almont. I'll give what you suggested a try.

Thanks

Reply to
Skip