HELP with Yale Mortise 8600 series

there is a REAL INTERESTING thing on Yale.. Call the company.. 800 number, and ask for yale mortice lock help.. tell that guy what you need.. they are VERY helpful in that regard..you got the hard part knowing which model you got..
BTW, you looked on the web site for diagrams?
--Shiva--
Reply to
invalid unparseable
Shiva, I actually figured it out on my own. I called and left a few messages, but nada. Site didn't have any old diagrams. But it was just a matter of elimination. Unlike most carburators I rebuild, I don't have any spare parts. :)
Joe
Reply to
Joe Van Buren
they called me back within an hour the time i called...musta been busy..or snowed in-considering the AMOUNT they got back there
--Shiva--
Reply to
invalid unparseable
I rebuilt three carborators in my life. One, the car actually started. (Didn't run worth a crap)
Back when I used to work in a regular "walk-in" locksmith shop, anytime a customer would walk in the door with a bag in their hand, everyone who worked there ran to the back! We all knew it was someone who took a mortise lock apart and couldn't get it back together.
It's one thing to put it back together when you took it apart. It's another when someone brings you a bag of parts.
Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS
We used to have a blast with new guys. Wait til they weren't looking and toss an "extra part" on the pile. Then stand back and watch them put it together and take it apart five times, trying to figure out where that part goes. :)
Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS
I'll have to remember to put lots of spare rattle-y parts in the bag next time I bag up a bunch of cylinders and locksets for re-keying. :)
Reply to
clifto

Site Timeline