hinge tool

Looking for a hinge tool that will work on the spring hinges - 6x6 or 6x4-1/2. Anyone know where I can pick one up. Neither of the local suppliers I use stock them.

Thank you

Reply to
Mzone719

Are you referring to the hinge Dr.?

Newnsie

Reply to
UPUHRS5437

If so, try....

Newnsie

Reply to
UPUHRS5437

looks like a useful tool..

my2

Reply to
Key

OK - I watched the video - but I can't figure out what is the problem that this tool cures. The video seems to assume you'll know when the tool is needed.

If someone will explain, then perhaps I can figure out what it does to cure the problem.

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

IF its the tool I am thinking of, the hinge leaves are NOT flat together when closed... this tools rebends the flats, right by the pin, so the door will close completly

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

... basically, as an alternative to having to dismount and remount sagging hinges. Arguably a bit of a kluge, but hey, it works fast and cheaply.

Note that there are now competing tools -- the original hinge doctor used the door itself as a lever, but someone's now offering a version with a lever handle so you can also manipulate the hinge itself. I'm not sure whether that's really an improvement -- it's certainly less portable, but it's an interesting alternative.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam