Auto keys

All: I want to duplicate my key to my '03 Accord. The key has the 'keyless entry' electronics on the key itself, not on a separate fob. Q1) Do I have to get a dupe from the dealer or can I get it duped w/o the electronics by a locksmith? Q2) If yes, the locksmith can dupe it, what is the going rate?

Thanks for your time. Al

Reply to
SIG_P226

itself, not on a

it duped w/o the

you can see a locksmith or the dealer. either way you have a transponder key that will have to be programmed to your car.

rate?

the price will vary but will still not be that cheap. $100+ Key / cut/ program a lot of times, dealers prices are competive. sometimes they charge too much and sometimes not enough. I would check the dealer on getting key with the 'keyless entry'. you may be suprized and get a package deal to purchase the key,have it cut and programmed to your car.

g'luck

Reply to
Key