Inadequate means of egress

Stormin Mormon

my guess would be when that door is opened, there is a gate or screen that can be pulled out and block off half of the room

Reply to
JOCK tec

Well... That door is not meant to be an egress point... It is some kind of special purpose door for a small closet or cupboard...

The building I used to work in had them all over the place...

Some of them had junction boxes and equipment for the CCTV system... Others had pull points and punchdown blocks for telephone connections...

A few in the basement level hallway with 20" wide doors had sprinkler zone valves in them...

We used to hide snow shovels in the ones located near the exterior doors (that had CCTV equipment boxes in them)...

Anything small that needs to be kept secure could go inside of these little doors... By using a small closet such as the ones secured by the little door pictured it removes temptation to touch something that should not be touched, and removes such things from view... Something that is located 15 feet off the floor may not be immediately reacheable by someone wanting to touch it, but it is still there and a temptation... Out-of--sight, out of mind... They are also smaller and take up less space than a real room...

Evan, ~~formerly a maintenance man, now a college student

Reply to
Evan

I think he was joking, Evan.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

That was my guess.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

ever notice that in the real world, nothing of the sort ever takes place.

Reply to
billb

I beg to differ. In the real world, inadequate means of egress is still entirely too common.

(I know that isn't what you meant. Then again, I think taking metaphorical/poetic language literally misses the point, whether you agree with it or not. My grandfather believed in God, but he spelled it with two O's...)

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

From: "billb" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Newsgroups: alt.locksmithing Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 12:24 AM Subject: Re: Inadequate means of egress

(He he he) Give it time.

In the words of Patrick Swazie(sp?) in the movie "Next of Kin"... "You ain't seen _bad_. But it's comin'."

:)

That all depends on _your_ definition of "free". I can tell you, from my own experience, I've never felt more free in my life. I suppose you would have to understand, to understand. (if that makes sense).

Actually, right now, you have more freedom than you think. It's called "free will".

I'd love to discuss this with you if you'd like. Since this is off topic, feel free (no pun intended) to email me. Use the link and remove the anti-spam stuff. Also feel free (there's that word again) to check out the Edgemere site.

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

what do you make of this?

billb

Nothing.

It's been said that many roads lead to God. I believe that _all_ roads lead to God. The question is; what are you going to say to Him when you get there?

:)

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

I'm going to tell Him what I think, if Him don't like it, too f****ng bad.

Reply to
billb

That's a pretty lousy summary. In confuses a lot of Zen Buddhism (Chinese in origin) and Indian Buddhism. It's about as accurate as saying that Lutheran Christianity was founded in 30AD and never mentioning the Pope !

Reply to
Andy Dingley