just testing...

Hey "Key, Hope your day is going as well as mine. Its been pretty nice heer in central Ohio lately. Been riding my motorcycle as much as possible trying to save gas.... it is running about 2.70 around here and we are lower than most of the country. Wayne
Reply to
wayne c
good to see there is life out there :-) thanks, having a great day here too. went for a bike ride yesterday. beautiful day / high 82. we are around 2.75 for regular. 2.95 / premium for the bike..
g'day to ya wayne
Reply to
Key
Looking good there Key-LOL.
2.80-2.90 here in north central Indiana.
A little wet for bike riding-It's coming your way, Wayne-LOL
Later, goma.
Reply to
goma865
heard one from local Ford Dealer.. they lost 1 key for a new Fusion..
$200 list.
similar to the Chrysler-remote as well as chip in key head. they were NOT happy.. had to order 20 blanks minimum... --Shiva--
Reply to
me
I was out of the house for about 11 hours yesterday. Put about 60 miles on the truck, and abou 100 miles on the panel van (which gets about 10 mpg). I'm going to need a defibrilator to get me going after the pump shock.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
About $28 for the van, just for yesterday. And I've got to gas up my other car, next. Wish me luck. I drove the van some more today, and so that's going to be more fuel.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
You do know Exxon Mobile Corp is the same company right???? The ticker symbol is XOM go check it out. And FYI US gas prices are some of the cheapest in the industrialized world. The cheapest of any country you would want to live in anyway. US gas prices haven't even really kept up with inflation. Compare the price of a new car 30 years ago with the price of a new car today and then compare the amount gas has gone up in the same period of time. As far as losing I guess if you do nothing but sit around and complain you lose. If you have money in the oil industry or in the alternative fuel industry which is now being driven up by high gas prices you are doing anything but. Pacific Ethanol up 200% in less than 6 months. High gas prices are either an opportunity or a burden it all depends on your response to them. Further all the oil company haters should be THRILLED by high gas prices because high gas prices are the only thing that will drive development of alternative fuels which they claim to want.
Reply to
Steve
Most of what you say is true but the analogy doesn't work. In 1976 I could buy a Pontiac Grand Am for around $14,000 and a gallon of gas for $.60. Gas here is now $3 but the Grand Am isn't $70,000. BBE.
Steve wrote: > > You do know Exxon Mobile Corp is the same company right???? The ticker > symbol is XOM go check it out. And FYI US gas prices are some of the > cheapest in the industrialized world. The cheapest of any country you > would want to live in anyway. US gas prices haven't even really kept up > with inflation. Compare the price of a new car 30 years ago with the price > of a new car today and then compare the amount gas has gone up in the same > period of time. As far as losing I guess if you do nothing but sit around > and complain you lose. If you have money in the oil industry or in the > alternative fuel industry which is now being driven up by high gas prices > you are doing anything but. Pacific Ethanol up 200% in less than 6 months. > High gas prices are either an opportunity or a burden it all depends on > your response to them. Further all the oil company haters should be > THRILLED by high gas prices because high gas prices are the only thing > that will drive development of alternative fuels which they claim to want. > > > > > Yeah, every time Mobil fires a shot by raising the price 3 cents, > > Exxon fires back by raising the price by 5 cents. We lost. > > > > -- > Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
Billy B. Edwards Jr.
This is an interesting way I heard about fighting gas prices. Instead of a boycott for a day like everyone tried a while ago which was pretty much meaningless, try boycotting the top 3 companies forever, or until they lower their prices. If its Exxon, Mobil and Cheveron, don't buy from them. Tell your friends and youre family dont buy from them find other gas stations because once the big three feel the hit they are going to have to start dropping prices and once their prices fall then the other companies are going to have to follow suit or fail too.
Reply to
ragtag99
funny thing.. SUDDENLY here last few days, gas is coming down.. was 2.49 this evening.. was 2.69 couple weeks back..
another way i heard was NOT fill it, but get $10-15 instead..just get more often..some strange logic suggested they would not empty their tanks so fast and not be able to resupply so often..
--Shiva--
Reply to
me
Yeah, it must have been earlier or later than that. I did buy one new in the late 70's or early 80's for around that much. BBE.
Roger Shoaf wrote: > > Billy, > > No way could you possably buy a 76 Pontiac Grand Am for $14,000. > They didn't make them in 76. > >
> -- > Roger Shoaf > > If knowledge is power, and power corrupts, what does this say about the > Congress? >
> > Most of what you say is true but the analogy doesn't work. In 1976 I > > could buy a Pontiac Grand Am for around $14,000 and a gallon of gas for > > $.60. Gas here is now $3 but the Grand Am isn't $70,000. > > BBE. > > > > Steve wrote: > > > > > > You do know Exxon Mobile Corp is the same company right???? The ticker > > > symbol is XOM go check it out. And FYI US gas prices are some of the > > > cheapest in the industrialized world. The cheapest of any country you > > > would want to live in anyway. US gas prices haven't even really kept up > > > with inflation. Compare the price of a new car 30 years ago with the > price > > > of a new car today and then compare the amount gas has gone up in the > same > > > period of time. As far as losing I guess if you do nothing but sit > around > > > and complain you lose. If you have money in the oil industry or in the > > > alternative fuel industry which is now being driven up by high gas > prices > > > you are doing anything but. Pacific Ethanol up 200% in less than 6 > months. > > > High gas prices are either an opportunity or a burden it all depends on > > > your response to them. Further all the oil company haters should be > > > THRILLED by high gas prices because high gas prices are the only thing > > > that will drive development of alternative fuels which they claim to > want. > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yeah, every time Mobil fires a shot by raising the price 3 cents, > > > > Exxon fires back by raising the price by 5 cents. We lost. > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
Billy B. Edwards Jr.
I didn't see a Grand Am listed on NADA for 76 and as far as I know it wasn't in production yet so I punched in a Grand Prix and for the hell of it threw in AC and the 455 engine and the Original MSRP was 4798. Not exactly 14K+ but if you have a source that says GM made a grand am in 76 and sold it for 14K I'm open to looking at it. The MSRP for a base 2007 New Grand Prix is 21,560. The comparison is a 76 2 door to a 2007 4 door because the 4 dr wasn't available in 76 and the 2 dr wasn't available in 06 or 07 but you get the idea. So you can see when you use actual numbers the analagy doesn't look so bad.
Reply to
Steve

Site Timeline